Sport & Active
The region offers 500 kilometres of groomed and marked travelling ways. The offer includes simple, flat ways, which go through the Karwendel valleys from Pertisau; relaxing family routes up to challenging routes including “Peak Victory”. Rofanseilbahn and Karwendel-Bergbahn serve as perfect “Climbing Assistant” for your first high altitude climb and will enable you to enjoy mountain background without making big efforts.
Unique scenery around the biggest lake of Tyrol speaks for itself: the snow covered peak, five picturesque villages and a white glittering landscape make this place a real winter magic. Together with perfect holiday offers such as cross-country skiing, skiing, touring, winter hiking as well as modern sport types – snow kiting and paragliding in winter, you will fully enjoy your holiday at the Achen Lake.
In order to find a suitable tour, please, click on the online interactive map, where you will be able to see routes, compare the length, the difficulty of tours and choose an appropriate tour for you.
You will find different routes on maps.achensee.com
During 7 days you will be able to use as often as you want Karwendel cable railway in Pertisau and Rofan cable railway in Maurach to get to the high altitudes, to cross the Achen Lake by a steamboat, to take the oldest European steam rack railway from Jenbach to Maurach, to spend a great time at the Achensee museum world in Maurach, at the Tyrolean Rock Oil Vitalberg in Pertisau, at the museum of local history Sixenhof in Achenkirch, in the Swarovski Crystal Worlds in Wattens or in Notburga museum in Maurach/Eben to take time travel.
Following services are free for you:
- Free use of regional buses of the Achen Lake
- Free Achen Lake WLAN – at definite points
- Reduced-fare ticket for the Achen Lake steam rack railway (from Jenbach to Seespitz and back)
- Reduced-fare ticket for the Achen Lake boat trip
- Swarovski Crystal World in Wattens – reduced-fare entry cards
- Diverse Hiking cards at reasonable prices
- Free participation at a hiking program of the holiday region Achen Lake
- Museum Münze Hall in Hall in Tirol (reduced-fare entry ticket)
- Nature park Hinterriß in Hinterriß (reduced-fare entry ticket)
- Planetarium in Schwaz (reduced-fare entry ticket)
- Castle Tratzberg in Jenbach (reduced-fare entry ticket)
- Giesswein Walkwaren in Brixlegg (5 % dicount)
- 1. Tyrolean Wood Museum in Auffach in the Wildschönau (reduced-fare entry ticket)
- Adventure park Achen Lake (reduced-fare entry ticket)
- Museum of local history „Sixenhof“ (reduced-fare entry ticket)
- Pedal boat rental (reduced-fare ticket)
- Family discount for different courses at water sport school Achen Lake – Club Active Tyrol
- Discounts for different sport gear at Sport Busslehner
- 20% Greenfee discount in the Golf club Posthotel Alpengolf